Published quarterly, Continuum, the University of Utah’s award-winning magazine, is distributed to approximately 270,000 households annually, including alumni, faculty, staff, and supporters. Recipients of the magazine are well-educated professionals representing a wide range of age groups and diverse backgrounds. The Fall issue is distributed to about 115,000 addresses, with Spring, Summer, and Winter issues to approximately 52,000 each.
Quarterly Frequency: Spring (early March), Summer (early June), Fall (early September), Winter (early December)
All ads are full color. Half-page and full-page right-hand placement ads are available, from onetime insertion to annual agreements, and prime placement (Inside Front Cover, Page 3, Inside Back Cover, and Outside Back Cover) is available. Advertisers that commit to a full-page advertisement in all four issues of the magazine may upgrade to become Continuum “Corporate Sponsors” with a range of added benefits, including recognition as such in each printed issue, as well as online, with a text link to each current sponsor’s website in the magazine’s content-rich online version. The full ads are also included in the downloadable and printable PDFs of each complete issue that are made available online.
For more information about advertising in Continuum, please contact ad manager David Viveiros at (801) 581-3718, (888) 863-8256 toll-free, or email David.
Inside Front Cover (bleed)
Inside Back Cover (bleed)
Full Page (bleed)
Trim Size: 8.375” x 10.875”
Bleed Size: 8.625” x 11.125”
Live Area: 7.375” x 9.625”
Outside Back Cover
7.375” x 8.375”
Full Page (no bleed)
7.375” x 9.625”
All ads should be submitted electronically via email. Any spot ink colors or color images should be converted to process CMYK color. Total ink coverage should not exceed 300%. Any placed graphics should be at least 300 ppi resolution.
The preferred file format for ads is a PDF document. Compression settings of grayscale and color images in the PDF should be set at 300 ppi down sampling, with the image quality set to maximum. Preferred Color Destination setting is U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.
Other accepted ad file formats are JPG (set compression to highest quality), TIFF, or EPS (convert all text to outlines).
For reservations and billing, contact:
David Viveiros, advertising manager
Invoices by mail:
Attn: David Viveiros
155 S. Central Campus Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Submit completed ads to:
Melody Murdock, editor
Continuum reserves the right to refuse advertising that is
deemed to be in poor taste, not within reasonable bonds of accuracy,
or otherwise deemed unacceptable by the Publisher. Advertising should
be sensitive to minorities, gender and political issues, and respect
the general mission of higher education. Rates and these policies are
subject to change.
Copy and Contract
- Cancellation of copy shall not be accepted after applicable closing date of publication.
- Continuum is not responsible for errors in key numbers.
- If space is reserved and advertiser does not meet copy deadline, publisher may insert a previous advertisement.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher. Exceptions to this can be made if the Publisher in writing acknowledges a request for specific preferred positioning.
- All advertisements are accepted and published entirely on the representation
that the agency or advertiser is authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof. In consideration of the publication of advertisements, the advertiser and agency will indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any loss or expenses arising out of advertisements. This includes, without limitation, those resulting from claims or suits libel, violation of right of privacy, plagiarism or copyright infringement, or unauthorized use of a person’s name or photograph.
- In consideration of the Publisher’s viewing for acceptance, or acceptance of any advertising for publication, the agency or advertiser agrees not to make promotional or merchandising reference to Continuum magazine in any way except with the express permission of the Publisher for each such use.
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertising for any reason at any time.
- No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on contracts, orders or copy instructions that conflict with the Publisher’s policies will be binding on the Publisher.