Published quarterly, Continuum, the University of Utah’s award-winning magazine, is currently distributed to about 280,000 households annually, including alumni, faculty, staff, and supporters. Recipients of the magazine are well-educated professionals representing a wide range of age groups and diverse backgrounds. The Winter, Spring, and Summer issues are each distributed to about 55,000 addresses, and Fall reaches about 115,000.
Spring (early March), Summer (early June), Fall (early September), Winter (early December)
All ads are full color and full page, and prime placement (Inside Front Cover, Page 3, Inside Back Cover, and Outside Back Cover) is available. Agreements are generally annual, but onetime insertion agreements are sometimes available. The full ads are also included in the downloadable and printable PDFs of each complete issue that are made available online.
For more information about advertising in Continuum, please call Brian Rasmussen at (801) 581-3051 or email email@example.com.
Inside Front Cover (bleed)
Inside Back Cover (bleed)
Full Page (bleed)
9” x 10.875” +0.125” Bleed
Outside Back Cover
7.625” x 8”
Continuum reserves the right to refuse advertising that is deemed to be in poor taste, not within reasonable bonds of accuracy, or otherwise deemed unacceptable by the Publisher. Advertising should be sensitive to minorities, gender and political issues, and respect the general mission of higher education. Rates and these policies are subject to change.
All ads should be submitted electronically via email. Any spot ink colors or color images should be converted to process CMYK color. Total ink coverage should not exceed 300%. Any placed graphics should be at least 300 ppi resolution.
The preferred file format for ads is a PDF document. Compression settings of grayscale and color images in the PDF should be set at 300 ppi down sampling, with the image quality set to maximum. Preferred Color Destination setting is U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.
Other accepted ad file formats are JPG (set compression to highest quality), TIFF, or EPS (convert all text to outlines).
COPY AND CONTRACT
- Cancellation of copy shall not be accepted after applicable closing date of publication.
- Continuum is not responsible for errors in key numbers.
- If space is reserved and advertiser does not meet copy deadline, publisher may insert a previous advertisement.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher. Exceptions to this can be made if the Publisher in writing acknowledges a request for specific preferred positioning.
- All advertisements are accepted and published entirely on the representation that the agency or advertiser is authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof. In consideration of the publication of advertisements, the advertiser and agency will indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any loss or expenses arising out of advertisements. This includes, without limitation, those resulting from claims or suits libel, violation of right of privacy, plagiarism or copyright infringement, or unauthorized use of a person’s name or photograph.
- In consideration of the Publisher’s viewing for acceptance, or acceptance of any advertising for publication, the agency or advertiser agrees not to make promotional or merchandising reference to Continuum magazine in any way except with the express permission of the Publisher for each such use.
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertising for any reason at any time.
- No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on contracts, orders or copy instructions that conflict with the Publisher’s policies will be binding on the Publisher.